Best Diving log app/ program.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CUMBIAMAN

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,
I am looking for a digital dive log app + PC program, that can be used offline. some of the desired perks would be:
1.-option to handle GPS coordinates, or any mapping tool.
2.- can download Mares puck pro dives.
3.- free?
4.- printable logs?

I´ve read some threads but most of them only mention one aspect.

regards

I prefer diving log 6 but it isn't free.

Hello,
I am looking for a digital dive log app + PC program, that can be used offline. some of the desired perks would be:
1.-option to handle GPS coordinates, or any mapping tool.
2.- can download Mares puck pro dives.
3.- free?
4.- printable logs?

I´ve read some threads but most of them only mention one aspect.

regards
I use the Dive Log app on my iPhone which synchs seemlessly with Diving Log 6.0 on my PC.

Dive Log by Greg Mclaughlin Dive Log on the App Store

Diving Log 6.0:
Diving Log 6.0 - scuba logbook software for diver - dive log, scuba log

They both work really well. I love that I can transfer the dive logs via bluetooth from my Perdix AI right to my iPhone and also capture the GPS coordinates of the dive site as soon as I get back on the boat.

Any good app for the Android? I use Greg's dive log and it's great but for iPhone only. My students use Android.

Thanks!
The Subsurface seems to have an old UI, and be somehow clunky, but might help.
Unfortunately the dive log, and dive log 6 are not free.
Any other option?

Dont know if you can have multiple installation but you can maybe buy wih a feiend and cut half price

Thanks!
The Subsurface seems to have an old UI, and be somehow clunky, but might help.
Unfortunately the dive log, and dive log 6 are not free.
Any other option?
I don’t know about you, but I expect to get paid for my work. Folks had to put significant effort into developing and now maintaining these apps and neither have ads in them or ongoing in app purchases to provide a revenue stream as many apps do these days.

That said, Dive Log is $13 plus ~$3 for computer specific direct download support. Diving Log 6.0 is ~$45. So for ~$60 you have great mobile and desktop logging solutions that integrate seemlessly.

To each his own, but given what is spent on other aspects of diving, I don’t consider those unreasonable 1 time costs to get versatile and up-to-date dive logging tools.

Last edited:
I use both Subsurface and Diving Log 6. But as you spoke about GPS and mapping tool concern Diving Log 6 is better.

Now you can maybe have alternate mapping tool there are some free website with social network who is kinda cool for travelers and globetrotters.

Back
Top Bottom