Best Diving locations in Croatia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BRButterworth

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm taking a trip to Italy and Croatia in Mid to late September, staying with old friends in Zadar, north of Split.

I am a vetern free diver but am being certified (finally) for open water scuba.

I'm looking for anyone's suggestions on islands off of croatia that feature easy to reach but unspoiled diving spots. Diving conditions of course important, but looking for PADI-associated dive centers that have reasonable top-side modest accommodations. I have some recommendations already provided on islands to go to but thought i would past this all-call notice to see if I can get any informed discussion going.

All best and many thanks

Bruce Butterworth
Bethesda, MD

I hope this problem solved as it's november now... I don't understand clearly why anybody needs a PADI-associated dive center, they fill air which tastes better?:) Most of the dive centers visit popular dive spots, if somebody wants to dive more exciting places I recommend a week long liveaboard diving. From the Zadar area it's easy to go to the Telascica or Kornati national parks even with daytrips, but there is difference between sailing for a week or going out and back every day.

In the south of Split you will find some dive sites they are very nice like the fresh water springs from Vruja there is coming fresh water out from a cave in 30m deep and around the cave there is a lot of purple fouling from anemones.
You will see there is a lot of fishes because of the fresh water. Butterfly-Diving.hr Croatia, Tucepi

For living at Makarska Riviera you can find informations here: Wohnen in Tucepi, Makarska Riviera Kroatien, :D

Back
Top Bottom