Best diving in Costa Rica Dec 22-Jan 4?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AcornMan

Registered
Reaction score
We'll be in Costa Rica for two weeks, from December 22 to January 4, and we'd like to get in at least a couple days of diving while we're there. What part of the country has the best diving that time of year? Dive shop recommendations would also be appreciated. TIA!

December 22 to January 4 what year? 2018?

I had a very good experience with Sirenas Diving (Guanacaste) and others speak highly of Rocket Frogs. I've only been in August so I can't say about winter diving there.

I would highly recommend Rich Coast Diving in Playa del Coco! I was on holiday last year at that time and had a blast. There is so much to see I was lucky enough to see my first manta ray!

I would highly recommend Rich Coast Diving in Playa del Coco! I was on holiday last year at that time and had a blast. There is so much to see I was lucky enough to see my first manta ray!

I only did the local dives from Playa del Coco and there was a LOT to see including many spotted eagle rays, three sunken boats (shipwrecks?), two large white-tips, dozens of morays and octopi, large schools of fishes.... plus we saw whales breaching on the trip out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom