Best diving computer on the Market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kikoz

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

I have been diving for awhile with Advanced Padi certificate going for My rescue certificate , now i took decision to start buy my gear.

I window shopped and I like the Suunto Dx titanium (budget available ) ,

I need recommendation and some reviews on Suunto DX , shall i go for it?

Shearwater is the preferred dive computer for many SB folks. I see a lot of it on liveaboards, maybe half of the divers. I have one and so does my husband. I wouldn’t get another brand. Teric or Perdix.

Hi,

I have been diving for awhile with Advanced Padi certificate going for My rescue certificate , now i took decision to start buy my gear.

I window shopped and I like the Suunto Dx titanium (budget available ) ,

I need recommendation and some reviews on Suunto DX , shall i go for it?

Hi Kikoz,

I pulled that computer up on the internet. It looks like a nice computer.

Can you see the numbers clearly from 5 feet away?

Is the algorithm too conservative. My friends who have Suunto say that it is too conservative. I had to help a friend who went into deco way ahead of us with her Suunto.

I have dived with the Teric, Nerd, and Perdix AI (I now own a Perdix AI). The Teric's screen is incredible. Shearwater has a patent on some aspect of the screen. Very clear and readable and I have to use reading glasses. Not with the Teric, Nerd, or Perdix--no reading glasses.

Shearwater research has an incredible repair policy. Their failure rate is THE lowest in the industry.

Yeah, I am hooked on Shearwater.

This LDS ships worldwide everyday. Click on the "Quote" button and see if Mike Johnson will cut you some slack.
Shearwater Teric Technical Dive Computer | Dolphin Scuba Center

Good luck,
markm

The Dx is nice if you are considering closed circuit and trimix, if you aren't then go with the D6i. Same thing, but without rebreather and trimix.

I dive with a D6i with a transmitter, and a Zoop with an analog SPG and I love them. However, like @markmud said, they are very conservative and do violate easy, but if you're not working with students and you don't have to race toward the surface after a freaked out diver you should be fine.

NO! Do NOT get a Suunto.

Shearwater and only Shearwater all day long. Perdix AI or Teric. Any other computer will lead to eventual regret.

Not sure why you need to read it from 5 feet away. They are usually put on your arm which is not that long. If you are asking to read a buddy's computer from 5 feet, you can set up his transmitter's code to be picked up on yours. But they have to be close to you to read. In other words, you can read 2 tank pressures on 1 Perdix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom