Best dive spots in South Lake Tahoe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Kind of spur of the moment, but I got a free stay at a really nice resort in south Lake Tahoe. I’m up here now and to top it off I threw all my dive gear in the truck including my kayak.
It’s been a while since I’ve been to south lake and it’s a lot more commercialized than I remember. Lot’s of boat traffic, jet ski rentals, all kinds of water craft zipping around, plus it’s shallow waaay out forever before it gets deep enough to actually be able to dive. By then I’d be 1/2 mile out and still in 15’ or water.
The beach resort I’m staying at is not a good place to scuba dive that’s for sure.
So where should I go that’s fairly close by? I thought maybe Emerald Bay, or drive up the Nevada side up to Sand Harbor? I was hoping for something closer.
I’m used to diving up at the north side around Speed Boat Beach, that’s some great terrain up there at state line, but too far away from where I’m at right now.
My primary objective is to grab as many lbs. of crawfish as I can for our Cajun Creole shindig we plan to have with the rest of the family who’s showing up.
Help please!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom