Best dive shop in Bali for ...er Shopping?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pearlman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Ok my next dive vacation is planned, tickets booked. Now I have a shopping list of nick-nacks for double $$ items.
What is the best place around Kuta with lots of (multibrand) choice? Stuff like reg.necklace, bcd mini weight pocket to stow my macro and red lens filter, coiled lanyard clip etc. maybe even a 2-piece shorty or rashguard if I see a good thin one.

And yeah- my 2nd trip to Bali and I want a change in the choice of dive shop for diving crystal bay etc? We saw no mola-mola in Crystal bay last time and I felt the DM was just a local hack from a travel/tour operator fooling around with customers time for the money. At one point into the 3rd repeat dive for mola, he was actually craning his neck in all directions with palm shielding the eyes underwater to make a deliberate show that he was desperately trying hard to locate a mola-mola for us :rolleyes:. And we were like customers that ordered mola-mola for lunch, glaring impatiently at him with fork & knife in hand while he searched one to dish out to us. :D

Thanks

Last edited:
ok I will make a visit to these ones.
I will try Gecko for a trip to Gilli Tepekong too I think, instead of Crystal bay again. Screw the mola.

I dont see some of the stuff listed at MS like coiled lanyard, IST holster shorts with pockets (Apeks are too expensive for an occasional vacation diver) or a necklace, double boltsnap... etc

Last edited:
Unfortunately Bali isn't the cheapest locations for dive gear. Thailand, Malaysia and often Singapore are cheaper.
Have dived in Bali/ Nusa Lembongan quite a few times. Unfortunately I'm still yet to see a Mola Mola as well. It's just one of those things... ...unfortunately the ocean isn't like a zoo. But the Mantas at Manta Point are pretty reliable and fantastic to see too!

You can make your own bungee reg necklace in about 30 seconds and for less than 50 cents.

How to Tie a Regulator Bungee Necklace

Ok which knot is that? I did learn knots as a schoolboy cadet, and I am pretty sure we did that one, except I dont recall the name OTOH and I dont want to dust out my "book of knots" from the cardboard box.

Unfortunately Bali isn't the cheapest locations for dive gear. Thailand, Malaysia and often Singapore are cheaper.
Have dived in Bali/ Nusa Lembongan quite a few times. Unfortunately I'm still yet to see a Mola Mola as well. It's just one of those things... ...unfortunately the ocean isn't like a zoo. But the Mantas at Manta Point are pretty reliable and fantastic to see too!

Thanks for the tip. At the moment, the most expensive item I plan to buy is about 49usd so it shouldnt pinch much. I have the amazon/online prices written down against my shopping list so I will do a quick comparison without extensive browsing and take a decision.

PS: I want to flash a white balance card everytime I turn on the gopro for video. Where can I find that in Bali?

Thanks
Pearlman

Last edited:
Master Selam/Dive Masters
or
Ocean King, same road but closer towards Kuta. They are cheaper too...

I use my slate for white balancing... Or ask a dive center an empty certification card... Also, why don't you buy a gopro red filter instead? I bought mine in Ocean King for cheap. It's not from gopro itself but who cares....

Last edited:
Ok my next dive vacation is planned, tickets booked. Now I have a shopping list of nick-nacks for double $$ items.
What is the best place around Kuta with lots of (multibrand) choice? Stuff like reg.necklace, bcd mini weight pocket to stow my macro and red lens filter, coiled lanyard clip etc. maybe even a 2-piece shorty or rashguard if I see a good thin one.

And yeah- my 2nd trip to Bali and I want a change in the choice of dive shop for diving crystal bay etc? We saw no mola-mola in Crystal bay last time and I felt the DM was just a local hack from a travel/tour operator fooling around with customers time for the money. At one point into the 3rd repeat dive for mola, he was actually craning his neck in all directions with palm shielding the eyes underwater to make a deliberate show that he was desperately trying hard to locate a mola-mola for us :rolleyes:. And we were like customers that ordered mola-mola for lunch, glaring impatiently at him with fork & knife in hand while he searched one to dish out to us. :D

Thanks

You can increase your chances to see Mola Mola by going during full moon or new moon around July-September. I had 1 day to do it before heading to Alor back in August 30, 2012 and I saw 9 of them in 2 dives I made in Crystal Bay. This one below, I saw it at 144 ft (44m).

IMG_5084.JPG

Back
Top Bottom