Best Dive Op for 13 year old OW Referral Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It really is special when you see your kid swimming around like a fish for the first couple times. Just be aware your mask might get a little wet even if it doesn't have a leak. :)

obviously i cannot speak for any of the dive shops. but the above statement may not always be the case. i would suggest discussing this with the instructor before you make plans just so you are not surprised and disappointed.

for myself, i rarely allow anyone on site if i have students. but it depends on the course we are doing, the student, and the other divers wanting to tag along.

i am sure whoever you decide to go with you all will have a great time. HAVE FUN !!
I have seen a number of kids get their certification but the several instructors I have spoken in the past with seem to prefer the parents not be present as they can be a distraction.

Our grandson was 14 on our last trip to Cozumel. He had completed all of his online work at home and completed his open water cert with Dive With Martin. I believe Lucio was his instructor. He was very patient and safe and it was so fun watching our grandson experience this.

We've been diving with this shop for about 20 years.

https://divewithmartin.com/

Back
Top Bottom