Best Dive Op for 13 year old OW Referral Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ksalay

Registered
Reaction score
I am advanced open water certified and my son did his book and pool work in the states.

I am looking for a recommendation for an operator who can deal with kids/young adults - 13 boy.

I can understand if it is not everyone's cup of tea.

We are staying at Residentias Reef. He is a strong swimmer.
I will be renting BC and Reg ...

thanks in advance

I know you're looking for the name of a specific op and I don't have that answer. I saw you posted the same question in the thread below:
Finding a (Best) Dive Op in Cozumel

If you didn't explore that thread, post #60 has a spreadsheet that I put together that shows info on different ops and includes a row that shows ops that offer referral dives. I would guess that several ops that didn't show it on their websites probably also will do the referral dives - just call and ask. Since you're staying at Residencias Reef, you will be able to use the Secrets pier next door - you are south of the Fonatur Marina and most ops that leave from there will pick up at hotels that direction.

The majority of ops that I researched had current reviews on TripAdvisor - not great for finding out info I like to know, but great for saying that dive op staffs are great with kids and new divers. I've yet to get information here on SB about an op in Coz that is specifically great with kids. I don't think you can go wrong with most of the ops in Cozumel. Hope some people chime in for you.

Aldora with either Jorgito or Lian.

Good luck, safe travels,
Jay

Most Dive Ops will pick up at the Secrets pier that is steps from RR.
I highly recommend Living Underwater (Jeremy Anschel) or Blue Angel Dive School for the OW Cert dives.
Your son will most likely get one-on-one instruction, and of course, you can tag along if you like.

Home - Living Underwater
http://blueangelresort.com/diving-cozumel/#1512613160293-0ff47487-a13b
I recommend Blue Angel as well, but they usually do checkout dives from shore and BA is north of Residentias by quite a ways. Mateo (aka Matt from Chicago) is their instructor and he is great, though. It would be worth the cab ride, IMO.

you can tag along if you like.

obviously i cannot speak for any of the dive shops. but the above statement may not always be the case. i would suggest discussing this with the instructor before you make plans just so you are not surprised and disappointed.

for myself, i rarely allow anyone on site if i have students. but it depends on the course we are doing, the student, and the other divers wanting to tag along.

i am sure whoever you decide to go with you all will have a great time. HAVE FUN !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom