Best Dive Conditions this year at King's Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
With the big storms destroying the southern US, I am doubtful we'll get more diving like this again before the water turns seriously cold. The video was taken on August 27th at King's Beach. If you remember my last video, there was a mushroom anchor I was able to relocate and recover on this dive. I would love to say it was my masterful navigation skills at work but it is more likely blind luck.

Nice video! My first and only dive in New England so far was at King's Beach in Newport two years ago, through the generousity of After Dark's willingness to show me the ropes. I was literally shown the ropes, as I got entangled in the line to his dive flag! Got untangled before he had to cut me free, tho'

BTW, now that you've mentioned his real name in public, I think he'll have to kill you.

That was 2 weekends of diving conditions we'll have to wait a long time to encounter again! But it's what keeps us NE divers diving in 1' vis, the hope that the next dive will be like your video!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom