best dive boat on cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I swim from blue Angel I start at their boat dock and swim towards the string ray prison and stay maybe a couple hundred yards offshore.
I usually swim early morning at sunrise to watch the sunrise and of course no boat traffic that early. Depth is about 15' so you can see the bottom quite clearly, coral heads, fish. Most boats start out a bit later, maybe 0730 and travel outside the bouys. They are the big ones where the wall drops off. I think it is called villablanca wall. I often use a kayak to paddle out to these bouys and watch the cruise ships coming in to dock and the supply ferry bringing over goods in the morning.
When I was there on my last trip there was a group of girls that did swims in the late afternoon or paddle boards, but I don't like to exercise to much after diving so early morning is good for me.
Heck you could probably just leave your shoes and a towel on the dock, then after the swim have a nice breakfast in their restaurant, then go for a 2-tank dive.
enjoy.

When I swim from blue Angel I start at their boat dock and swim towards the string ray prison and stay maybe a couple hundred yards offshore.
I usually swim early morning at sunrise to watch the sunrise and of course no boat traffic that early. Depth is about 15' so you can see the bottom quite clearly, coral heads, fish. Most boats start out a bit later, maybe 0730 and travel outside the bouys. They are the big ones where the wall drops off. I think it is called villablanca wall. I often use a kayak to paddle out to these bouys and watch the cruise ships coming in to dock and the supply ferry bringing over goods in the morning.
When I was there on my last trip there was a group of girls that did swims in the late afternoon or paddle boards, but I don't like to exercise to much after diving so early morning is good for me.
Heck you could probably just leave your shoes and a towel on the dock, then after the swim have a nice breakfast in their restaurant, then go for a 2-tank dive.
enjoy.

Hi Blue Steal Thank you for your reply and info. It's always great to hear from an open water swimmer! Just a couple of questions-I think you mentioned you swim south? I don't know island very well. You swim in am also which is quieter I assume for boat activity. You swim a couple hundred yards and wonder about small boat activity going out from the shore line. Boats need to be on other side of buoy as mentioned but is there boat activity East of these buoys where take your swim? I'm more afraid of people and their watercraft more so than any other hazard in the water! Thanks Your description of your swim sounds priceless! Probably will be one of my best scenic swims!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom