Best customer service for online Ikelite sales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

j_spot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Who would you rate as BEST for online customer service?
Reef? B&H? Backscatter?

Im looking to purchase a Ikelite G9 housing, get strobes later on when the budge allows it and Im more used to the camera.

If I have hassles or questions when it gets to the strobes, I would like somebody who is friendly and not going to dismiss be because Im only spending $1500 total and not 1500 on a body and 2k on a housing

I can't really speak about the customer service, but I purchased my Ikelite Housing (G9) and DS-51 strobe from Helix. They are Chicago based if I recall. No problems with the transaction. And, at the time their prices were among the best I found.

I did have a problem with my strobe, the battery housing flooded during a dive trip. The batteries still held enough charge to continue firing for me. I contacted Ikelite directly and they said send it in. They fixed it free of charge. just cost me shipping.

Hope this helps.
Ryan

I personally have had nothing but great experiences with B&H (several purchases) and found my Reef Photo experience to be very good as well (but only one purchase).

I recently purchased (last month) an Ikelite housing for my Nikon D80 from Reef Photo/Video. They had better customer service than B&H (returned emails ASAP) and beat the B&H cost by 10%. The good thing with Reef Photo/Video is the customer service after the sale. They answer all of my emails, even the really stupid ones.

I've used both B&H and Reef Photo for different purchases.

I've had to use customer service for both companies and they were both great.

I thought that Reef Photo communicated better, but I can't complain about either of them.

I have no experience with Backscatter. I have used H2OPhotoPros also, but did have problems initially that were later resolved.

Wally

I bought the Ikelite housing for my Canon G9 plus the DS-51 strobe from Helix in January this year. Best price at that time, and absolutely no problems with shipping and customer service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom