Best Cuba diving near Christmas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swimmer_spe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am a Canadian citizen. For my Christmas break I plan on going to Cuba. I would like to do some diving there.

If it were any other country it would be easy to book a day or so of diving.

So, how do I go about booking dives? Is it worth just picking a resort and going diving with the resort?

Is it worth just picking a resort and going diving with the resort?

Not all the resorts have dive ops. The industry is quite undeveloped at this point from my observations. I dove out of Cayo Coco with a dive op at a resort a couple of resorts down from where I was staying. I walked over the day before and set it up.

Where are you going to stay in Cuba, if you are staying in Varadero it would be very easy for you to find information and book online, just check our website:
www.scubaatlantisvaradero.com

And lets us know if we can do something for you.
Happy Diving

I was planning on staying further south. Holguin. I was told there is a chain there that is a good dive.

What part of the island has the best diving sites?

Unfortunately we only operate in Varadero.
In Holguin at Guardalavaca there is a Diving Center, the manager it's Jorge Miyet, i don't know how to reach they online but I'm sure if you do a search you will find the diving center and the phone number, or contact directly the Marlin Group, I heard it's nice diving there but never been.

There is lot of nice places to dive in Cuba, Jardines de la Reina still the top place but you need to book in advance with Avalon or the Agressor Flet, the. We have Maria la Gorda, Santa Lucía where the bull shark are, in Varadero it's also nice Reef and amazing Wrecks like the Russian patrol boat, the bay of pigs it's also accesible from Varadero, Santiago de Cuba it's nice if you dive in the Cristobal Colon Wreck, Cayo largo del Sur it's great sea life wise but the corals at not that colorful as other places.

The snorkeling in front of the rio de oro was surprisingly good fwiw. Was some surge and fire coral but not a big worry. Didn't dive that trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom