Best cenotes for two days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Schenkeli

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,
We will be diving the cenotes for two days on our trip around Yucatan and Belize at Christmas and are not sure which combination of cenotes gives the best / most diverse impression.
We haven't done any cenotes before so we are looking to get as many great different types of cenotes packed in two days. Halocline, Sunken Trees, Light Shows, Sulfite Layers, Speleothemes ...

The following day-packages look most appealing, but we are not sure which one of the three to drop since we only got two days. Any recommendations?

Chac Mool / Kululkan
Dos Ojos / El Pit
Angelita / Car Wash

Thanks for all the help!
Thomas

Hi,
We will be diving the cenotes for two days on our trip around Yucatan and Belize at Christmas and are not sure which combination of cenotes gives the best / most diverse impression.
We haven't done any cenotes before so we are looking to get as many great different types of cenotes packed in two days. Halocline, Sunken Trees, Light Shows, Sulfite Layers, Speleothemes ...

The following day-packages look most appealing, but we are not sure which one of the three to drop since we only got two days. Any recommendations?

Chac Mool / Kululkan
Dos Ojos / El Pit
Angelita / Car Wash

Thanks for all the help!
Thomas
all good. angelita is nice cause of the sulfur layer and El pit also quiet nice. Both consider deep dive.

Have you explained this to the dive shop you plan to use and gotten their recommendation based on that? They are more familiar with which cenotes offer what features than most of us here. Tell them "we only have two days, and we would like to see as much variety as possible." I suspect they have heard this question before, and they will know the best places to take you.

Have you explained this to the dive shop you plan to use and gotten their recommendation based on that? They are more familiar with which cenotes offer what features than most of us here. Tell them "we only have two days, and we would like to see as much variety as possible." I suspect they have heard this question before, and they will know the best places to take you.
Agree with Lorenzoid. Your first decision to make is not which cenotes to choose but what dive shop to go with. Your schedule and their schedule may influence where you go. The popular cenotes are very different from each other and are combined based on their proximity. For example El Pit and Dos Ojos are very close and are often done together. It takes a few trips to figure out which type of Cenotes you prefer.

Agree with Lorenzoid. Your first decision to make is not which cenotes to choose but what dive shop to go with. Your schedule and their schedule may influence where you go. The popular cenotes are very different from each other and are combined based on their proximity. For example El Pit and Dos Ojos are very close and are often done together. It takes a few trips to figure out which type of Cenotes you prefer.
I'll add that on a trip to the Tulum area years ago--my second cenote dive trip and my wife's first--our guide knew exactly where to take us so that we would get a sampling of different experiences.

Yeah we now did that: picked a dive shop, asked them and they said since we are near Tulum we will skip Chac Mool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom