Best Bottom Timer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shinythings

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just pulled the trigger on a new Petrel 2 but am also looking for a good back-up/bottom timer as my old computer does not have a featured gauge mode.

What's the best bang for the buck out there? As I just dropped a chunk of change on the Petrel, I'm ideally looking for something under $300.

Cheers.

scuba pro tec 2g, has time to sec.
or uwatec 330

I use the SP 330 (formally Uwatec) it's simple, reliable, relatively cheap and fits in a DSS bungee mount.

---------- Post added July 9th, 2015 at 02:04 AM ----------

From memory I paid about $110 USD for capsule only.

Uwatec 330 is very good choice but Scubapro Tec 2G is the best choice (thanks to time in sec and easy stopwatch reset) but is a bit more expensive

I use Uwatec 330 next to my Petrel

I didn't think you could get the Uwatec branded bottom timer anymore? Certainly here in Japan I've only ever seen in recent years the SP branded timer.

SP Digital 330

Better yet Hollis has one the DG02 that has a battery you can replace at $249. DG02 DEPTH/COMPUTER

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the Uwatec 330 but the battery is NOT replaceable. I had one failed during a dive but I always carry a back up.
Zeagle N2ition for $169.00 at DGX is very good value. And I believe this computer can be used as BT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom