Best bang for the Buck Drysuit...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Something to bear in mind with Seaskin, if you go on the site and build a suit, the price shown will be inclusive of VAT which will not be charged if you ship outside the EU. That's 20% off what you see.

I ticked every conceivable box on the suit, bought spare neck and wrist seals, neck seal tool, base layers and a few odds and ends and paid $1100 US landed at my door.

I have about 60 dives on it now and could not be happier.

In your opinion, what makes O3 a better bang for the buck than Seaskin (without a doubt)?

When I was diving in the north sea of the seven divers I dived with six were in Othree. The majority of instructors in the UK are in Othree. Most of the guys I buddy with in the UK are in Othree. They are not in them because they are cheap.They are in them because we dive in cold water (+3 is my limit but I know others who dive colder) and Othree are considered the best. If I am going to be in the North sea in the cold I want to be in an Othree without a doubt.

When I was diving in the north sea of the seven divers I dived with six were in Othree. The majority of instructors in the UK are in Othree. Most of the guys I buddy with in the UK are in Othree. They are not in them because they are cheap.They are in them because we dive in cold water (+3 is my limit but I know others who dive colder) and Othree are considered the best. If I am going to be in the North sea in the cold I want to be in an Othree without a doubt.

I see. So, you are not answering the OP's question about "best bang for the buck". You are simply saying O'Three are "the best". That's cool. Thank you for clarifying.

I'm a huge fan of trilam type suits. The DUI FLX Extreme and the ScubaForce Expedition are the two suits I dive, with the Expedition being my "daily driver" (suit I use most often and almost exclusively while teaching) and the FLX being my "special events" (long dives) suit. Neither is particularly cheap, but I generally expect to get a couple of years of heavy use out of them.

I have a Fusion. A couple of features I like; you can buy and replace the outer skin to match your wants. They are fairly streamlined compared with many other suits and more flexible. This is my third season with it and I am pretty happy with its performance and the entry level cost.

Something to bear in mind with Seaskin, if you go on the site and build a suit, the price shown will be inclusive of VAT which will not be charged if you ship outside the EU. That's 20% off what you see.

I ticked every conceivable box on the suit, bought spare neck and wrist seals, neck seal tool, base layers and a few odds and ends and paid $1100 US landed at my door.

I have about 60 dives on it now and could not be happier.
Can you reach valves? How good is the cut compared to a Santi or DUI?

Can you reach valves? How good is the cut compared to a Santi or DUI?

seaskin membrane drysuits are made to order based on your measurements. As such, they seem to fit quite well (a friend has one, mine is on order. I observed no difficulty of motion in his, he construction (as others have mentioned) seems top notch, and with every option I wanted (reinforced everything, wrist dump in addition to shoulder, extended inflator, dry-gloves, quick seal systems, etc) and tossing in a decent number of spares I spent under $1,400 shipped to the US for it. The only downside is the 8-10 week lead time for these custom made suits means I won't have mine until the end of the summer.

Back
Top Bottom