Best all inclusive for group with divers and non-divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jenny9876

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We want to plan a family vacation to Cozumel for next summer. Our family has a mix. Some dive, some snorkel and some do neither. I was thinking the Occidental. The non-divers will want a nice beach. My only other trip to Cozumel we stayed in San Miguel and dove with Blue XT sea. I would love any advice from those who know the island a bit more. Thanks all

For white sandy beaches, I would look at Residencia Reefs condos. They are literally right on the beach! You can do a search on the AirBNB website. If you want AI, then just about any of the AI Southern hotels will have beach access. I highly recommend Living Underwater for a Dive Op that will pick you up at the pier that is used jointly by Residencia Reefs and Secrets. (RR has to pay $2 per day to use the pier for pickup/dropoff). Blue XT is no longer in business. None of the hotels near Downton have real beaches.
Home - Living Underwater

Best AI is The Palace. No beach though, but has everything else (incredible views).

Other nice AI's are Occidental, Iberostar, Fiesta (they are having MAJOR beach side issues though I hear) and the Secrets area.

We want to plan a family vacation to Cozumel for next summer. Our family has a mix. Some dive, some snorkel and some do neither. I was thinking the Occidental. The non-divers will want a nice beach. My only other trip to Cozumel we stayed in San Miguel and dove with Blue XT sea. I would love any advice from those who know the island a bit more. Thanks all

Sunscape Sabor is a Family friendly AI. Kids under 12 free --12-17 half price. Has beach that starts at North end of resort and goes about 2 miles south. Shared pier with Secrets (adults only) and Residencia Reefs condos. rooms are closer to beach than other AI's even if you do not get an ocean front room. first floor Ocean front rooms have patio doors that are on the beach. Snorkel in roped off swim area that runs the length of the resort at least a half mile. WOULD NOT GO WITH ONSITE DIVE SHOP. All shops pick up at pier. Use shop similar to bluextsea like -- bottomtimedivers.net, Living Underwater, Dive with Alison, Scuba tony etc.
they will keep gear thru your stay.

BTW the Sunscape garden rooms completely overhauled il 2020 and the Ocean front rooms getting the overhaul this year with the condo suites getting facelift in 2022

We like Hotel Cozumel, walking distance to town not really much of beach though. Biggest pool on the island plus daily activities. I like Deep Blue for quality dive shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom