Best 1-1.5 mm Tropical Wetsuit: 80-84 degrees F

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iim7v7im7

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I am looking to replace my 11 year old Diveskin 0.5 mm wetsuit. It has proven warm enough for 9 out of 10 situations and I own a 3 mm Pinnacle for when I need it. There seems to be more options out there today in the 1-1.5 mm range than in 0.5 mm (Scubapro), Everything also appears to be rear zip vs. front zip (warmth over convenience). I have identified nine suits:
  1. Akona 1 mm Full Wetsuit
  2. Bare 1 mm Sport Full
  3. Cressi One Man 1mm
  4. Henderson Microprene 2 (1.5 mm)
  5. Mares 1 mm Coral
  6. Oceanic Ultra 1 mm Jumpsuit
  7. Pinnacle Shadow 2 (1.5 mm)
  8. Scubapro Tropical 1 mm
  9. Tilos 1 mm Metalite Jumpsuit
Of these, or others you can suggest, which is the most durable, best fitting to get for this 50+ year old, 6'3", 210 lb body?

Thanks,

Bob

We hope that you will take a moment and check out our wetsuits as well. We offer a 1.5 mm full one-piece suit at a very competitive price.

MAKO 1-Piece Tropical Camouflage Closed Cell Wetsuit (1.5 and 3.5 mm)

MAKO 1-Piece Blue Camouflage Closed Cell Wetsuit (1.5 and 3.5 mm)

m1tr_sml.jpgm1b_sml.jpg

Hi,

In the absence of input from the forum, I went ahead and ordered a 1.5 mm Pinnacle Shadow 2 based on my expeience with my 3 mm Pinnacle suit. I will follow up when it arrives.

Bob

Hi,

I am looking to replace my 11 year old Diveskin 0.5 mm wetsuit. It has proven warm enough for 9 out of 10 situations and I own a 3 mm Pinnacle for when I need it. There seems to be more options out there today in the 1-1.5 mm range than in 0.5 mm (Scubapro), Everything also appears to be rear zip vs. front zip (warmth over convenience). I have identified nine suits:
  1. Akona 1 mm Full Wetsuit
  2. Bare 1 mm Sport Full
  3. Cressi One Man 1mm
  4. Henderson Microprene 2 (1.5 mm)
  5. Mares 1 mm Coral
  6. Oceanic Ultra 1 mm Jumpsuit
  7. Pinnacle Shadow 2 (1.5 mm)
  8. Scubapro Tropical 1 mm
  9. Tilos 1 mm Metalite Jumpsuit
Of these, or others you can suggest, which is the most durable, best fitting to get for this 50+ year old, 6'3", 210 lb body?

Thanks,

Bob

Sorry I missed this thread before you ordered. I have nothing against the Pinnacle, I have 3mm and 7mm suits from them. But for my 1mm I went with the Mares Coral. As with any wet suit, it is all about the fit. I found it very comfortable. My wife and a number of other people also have the Corals, they seem to have just the right stretch and fit for a variety of shapes and sizes.

Good luck with the Pinnacle.

Tilos makes a fantastic wetsuit at a great price, check out the 1mm metalite you mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go with the Cressi or Bare suit. You will love both of them, great durablilty and confort. I would pick either of those

I bought the Bare 1mm Sport Full last April and took it to St. Lucia. I also bought the 3mm Sport Vest. I loved the layered combo and it kept plenty warm.
The 1mm Sport suit is very stretchy and contours the body well. Easy to pack, light weight, dried quickly. I would recommend the combo for anyone.
I think I got the 1mm suit on LeisurePro for $69 on sale IIRC; last I saw they were around $96.

what have you done .. i'm looking for 1mm too ..

the main issue is i find weight start from 125lbs and i'm 115lbs ... what's the solution?

Hi WarriorWolf.
A couple of things: This thread is 2+ years old, and it's possible that the OP isn't around to reply.
Perhaps starting your own thread would be more helpful for you.

Regarding what suit to get:
Try some on, get the one that has the best fit.
I'm not sure that the weight thing would be a major issue.
I have a Henderson Microprene 2 that I really like.
Good Luck with your selection.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom