Bermuda Trip July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tkaelin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heading to Bermuda for 4 days in July. Staying at Grotto Bay and plan on diving with Triangle Divers two days. We have been to Bermuda once before in 2009 and loved our trip. We plan on purchasing multi day bus passes and seeing the sights in the afternoons and non dive days. Last trip we rented part of a house near Evans Bay/west side of the island and spent time touring the Dockyard. Dove with Blue Water Divers. This time we were planning on seeing Hamilton, St. Georges and a return visit to Horseshoe Bay Beach. We love fresh seafood and prefer causal over formal dining. Any restaurant recommendations or other things to see and do? We dined last time at the Reefs (formal dinner) and lunch at the Frog and Onion and Swizzle Inn and enjoyed all. Thanks. TK

You should check out the crystal caves since you're staying at Grotto Bay. They are really cool!! Lots of history in St. Georges you should have fun. Do you remember what dive sites you hit when you dove with blue water? So many wrecks to see:) If you want really casual food. Ice queen in paget, or Parakeet which has the best milk shakes. It's right before you get to elbow beach. I need to go back to visit family this summer, so who knows , maybe I'll see you there.

On our last trip we dove the Hermes, Mary Celestia and SW Breakers.

Restaurant wise - check out Tempest in St. George. Recently opened by the same people who run Mad Hatters in Hamilton. Very nice space and good food. Pretty casual. Black Horse Tavern in St. Davids is supposed to have one of the best fish sandwich... So is Art Mels and they have a branch in St. George (I haven't been there myself but I think it's a takeout place). You'll have Swizzle Inn nearby which I'm not a big fan of but it has its own following.

Hamilton has tons of nice restaurants. For the view I would recommend 1609 in Hamilton Princess (the food is mediocre) and for food Bolero (smart casual - lots of business people). Tribe Road Kitchen has good sandwiches and pizzas (check they are open on the day).

If you have scooters you should check out the beach at Cooper's Island. My personal favorite. Tobacco Bay in St. George is nice too.

There is a cave on site in Grotto Bay and also opposite Grotto Bay is Blue Hole park. It's a bit of a maze but there is a big cave with water you can swim in (bring torch) all for free.

I loved kayaking around the Castle Harbour from Grotto Bay. If it's calm you can see quite a lot of fish paddleboarding.

Enjoy your stay - we are thinking of joining Triangle again so maybe see you there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom