Beluga whale plays with seagull

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's Hvaldimir. He emigrated from Russia - possibly Murmansk - to Hammerfest, Norway this april. He has become quite a tourist attraction.

More videos with Hvaldimir.

Dolphins are known to catch fish, like rays, and use them as toys. Throwing them around like frisbees. Maybe just bored and having fun. I think more a plaything then a playmate.

That's just awesome.

Maybe just bored and having fun.
Probably.

Hvaldimir is obviously domesticated, he's a pack animal and he's most probably lonely after quitting the Russians and being all by himself down there in the water in Hammerfest. He obviously craves the attention he gets from humans coming to see him.

I feel really sorry for him and am not convinced that euthanasia isn't the most humane option.

Well that went dark fairly quickly.

Probably.

Hvaldimir is obviously domesticated, he's a pack animal and he's most probably lonely after quitting the Russians and being all by himself down there in the water in Hammerfest. He obviously craves the attention he gets from humans coming to see him.

I feel really sorry for him and am not convinced that euthanasia isn't the most humane option.

So euthanasia is the answer for lonely creatures. Glad you do not run medicare

So euthanasia is the answer for lonely creatures. Glad you do not run medicare
I'm a specieist who believes that there's a significant difference between self-aware animals like Homo spp. and other primates, and classes which haven't shown evidence of self-awareness. So don't you worry. No matter how lonely you might feel.

I even eat the flesh of dead animals (aka "meat"). However, most of that "meat" comes from animals who have lead a life well outside the pens used in industrial farming and thus have had a much better life than your average hamburger source.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom