Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gassed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
We were able to book our first liveaboard on the Nautilus Belle Amie. Finally going to Revillagigedos!!!

We booked a standard stateroom. Both based on cost and I like the location on the boat. Low and central, near the center of gravity.

The Superior Suites look considerably larger. I held back due to the fact that they are two decks higher and would cost us another $1000. That said, are there any arguments for stepping "up"? Is the ship stable enough at anchor that location is a non issue?

It looks like the superiors have better views. More room and can be configured with a King bed. Are these larger rooms more comfortable to relax and decompress? Or just nicer to sleep in? With the standard stateroom I see myself sleeping and napping in the room but spending the rest of my time on deck or in the salon. By pictures, the larger superior stateroom look like one may spend more time in there, relaxing, watching the ocean. But also less social (to each his own).

I know much of this is opinion. I'm just trying to work out our options and looking for feedback from those in the know. If you have had a chance to see or stay in both rooms please let me know your thoughts.

18 months to go and I'm already so excited!!

Thanks!

I have stayed in the Superior Suites in the Dofleini room and I'm so glad I did. It's definitely worth the extra money, and I'm a single traveler. The room is very spacious compared to the below-deck staterooms and you are above the water line. In 2021, the bed was comfortable, but the A/C had problems. Every stateroom on that deck had a fan in their room. The engineer visited my room a couple of times but said these were old units and there was nothing they could do. That's why they have so many fans available. They know about the issue, yet, are not willing to upgrade their A/C. However, in the last year and a half, they may have fixed the problem.

The bathroom is quite a nice size for a liveaboard and has the toilet, sink, and shower in the same space, as opposed to the Explorer where the sink in a standard room is beside the bed. There was always plenty of hot water and good water pressure.

If you're prone to seasickness or think you may be, having a window in your room to look at the horizon is much better than staying below deck while you're ill. If your lower deck stateroom is at the front of the boat, you may hear the crashing of the waves ALL THE TIME. It's never ending. If you're at the very back, you may hear the engine, especially when it fires up at 3 a.m. to move locations.

You will probably find that with 32 divers, the salon will not be the place to hang out. Much too small. The outside decks are a great place to hang out. My first trip in November 2020 had only 14 divers and it was marvelous with so much space to spread out. My trip last year had about 22 divers, which was also great. Still enough room to be comfortable.

You won't regret the upgrade.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom