Belize Vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just returned from Belize dive trip :D, Ambergris, San Pedro. Stayed at Mayan Princess. Room was like a studio apartment. Kitchen was not well equipped if you plan on cooking. My buddy had a room and I had a room so we pooled the cooking equipment from both and cooked. The Mayan had continental breakfast in the lobby each morning included. We bought breakfast stuff to supplement that and bread and lunchmeat and cheese for our lunches and cooked our evening meals. Several big Grocery Stores in town. Total food grocery store food/beer for two people for the 8 days was just under $250 USD. We ate out twice, about $75 USD for two each time so that is pretty expensive, but we had great meals with local very fresh fish. Only internet access was in the lobby and in Room number 1, right next door to the lobby. My buddy had room number 1 so we had free internet. Rooms were cleaned each day. Staff was friendly. Water stinks in my shower but my buddy says his shower water did not stink, strange, have to buy drinking water but it was something like $1.50 USD / gallon so it was not bad. I used 3 gallons of that for the 8 days, hot tea, coffee, mostly.

Diving was with Amigos Del Mar. Luis was our divemaster for the week, he was great. We told him how we wanted to dive and he adapted to that. Had a great time. Great dives. Complaints from this forum about not many fish, not sure where that comes from. It is an expansive reef so if areas of it don't look like an aquarium it is understandable. We found it to be excellent diving. Great fish poplulations, large and small, lots of eagle rays, eels, nurse sharks, rock beauties, angels, hogfish, southern and yellow stingray, juvi damsels, little stuff blennies, puffers, files, etc, all the usual suspects. I have just over 500 dives and my buddy has 900 dives and we were not disappointed in fish populations or diversity at all. He has done many dives in the Pacific as well as Cayman, many liveaboards and he was very pleased with our dives. The majority of my diving has been in Bahamas and Cayman and I dive yearly in Aruba and love it there and this is my 3rd trip to Belize, out islands a few years ago, this was just as good.

I liked staying in town this time. We have stayed on remote islands or resorts that were more isolated before and that is a great experience but this time did enjoy town. Ambergris has many resorts out from town so you don't have to stay in town. Golf carts can be rented if you want to stay outside town but be mobile. Dive shop and dock were right in front of Mayan Princess. The divemasters and captains took care of our gear each night, washed it, had it in the boat when we got there the next morning or for the next dive. Mayan Princess gave us lodging/dive package and we added dives with dive shop after we got there. All diving charges were put on room so was one charge.

ScubaPlantman

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom