Belize Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncleavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
After a very long series of Flights and lost bags, I am happy to report that the Force Fin trip was a Success! Bob brought a number of new Fins and I was in Heaven testing them. Even my Brother in law is now a Force Fin Diver, Also, I give thanks to the crew of the Nekton Pilot after their tragic loss for showing us a great time.
Now I have to fill tanks and go diving in the chilly water.

Hi, Avi.... Great diving with you and the rest of the Force Fin gang.... Still working on my photos; I'll post a link as soon as I get them uploaded....

awesome, I am glad that you guys are home safe and that you have a great trip. Where are the pictures?? I am already saving up and counting the days until next years trip.

Great diving with you too Gale.
I am looking forward to the pictures and I hope we can all get together and have an even bigger group next year and Josh you as well.

Just spotted this. Are people still using Force Fins? I used them a few years ago and found them a bit unwieldy - went back to my old Mares twin flexslot fins. Other than their bulk and weight for flying I've never found anything better. I've tried lots of the others, but I've now come to the conclusion that most are a solution in search of a problem.

there are those of us who have come to the light and have gone entirely to FF. simply put they work. Give them another try for about 5-10 dives and you'll probably never go back.

Hey, gang...

Here's the link for my photos: galemead.shutterfly.com (PW=belize).

Regarding Force Fins.... Dick (DUI) Long initially turned me on to them, and I love them. As others have said, it may take more than one dive to get used to how they feel. A lot of divers try Force Fins once, and conclude they must not work because it doesn't =feel= like you're working very hard, when you're kicking in them. But the very fact that I can swim fast in them when I need to =without= working too hard is kind of the point! I can also frog kick, maneuver around while taking photos, whatever I need to do. Force Fins are relatively expensive, but it's reflected in the quality of the materials and craftsmanship.

FWIW

Gale

hey great job, its great to at least see some photos of what I missed, boy do I need to get into some warmer water. As nice as the diving in Hawaii was, the best sites on Oahu don't even compare to those pictures. I haven't seen sealife like that in a such long time I almost forgot what it really can look like.

Its great to see Bob and Avi(??) wearing the new foils, looks like they might be working better now as well.

Back
Top Bottom