Belize trip report & thanks Gaz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Petra

Reaction score
Just got back last night from staying at Gaz's place on Ambergris Caye. Thank you very much Gaz! Thanks is just not enough for the wonderful thing you did for my wife and I.

Gaz was kind enough to give us a free stay and diving at his resort to replace one we had supposedly won from Avalon Reef Club. I'm glad they closed. Otherwise we wouldn't have stayed at Gaz's and met his wonderful staff. Alena, Andy, and Manuel were just awesome! Always there to take care of what ever we needed.

The room was huge. Living area, dining area, full kitchen, large bathroom and 2 bedrooms. All four condos on the bottom floor face the ocean. Breath taking view.

Diving. Our first day we dove a place called San Bar. A small wreck (a barge I think) in 70 fsw. About a 3 foot nurse shark comes swimming up and settles on the barge. Andy (DM, boat captain, chief handy man, etc...) starts petting him. Then the shark swims to everyone else to be petted. He/she followed us like a puppy for the rest of the dive. Also saw a moray eel and a spotted eagle ray on the second dive.

2nd day surf was pretty rough, at least for my wife and I. The first dive of the day we saw a sea turtle within a few minutes of descending. A few minutes later, I hear Andy banging on his tank and he's pointing off in the distance. I finally make out a shape moving in the blue haze. At first I thought it was a dolphin. Once it got a bit closer, I could make out the extremely wide head. Hammerhead Shark! Never thought I would see one.

My wife and I decided not to make the second dive because of the swells (I think 6-8 ft. The other diver with us said she thought closer to 10ft.) Thursday morning the wind had picked up and we didn't feel like going out and getting sea sick again, so my wife and I spent the morning reading/snoozing in the hammocks.

Must do things. Lunch at Elvi's kitchen. Hang out at Fido's courtyard (live music). Belikin beer (and I don't like beer.) For a good place to hang out while you wait for the boat to pick you up from town, try Cholo's Sports Bar. It's on the beach by Amigos Del Mar's dock. $1.50 USD Belikins.

Again, thank you very much Gaz. You are truly a very generous and caring gentelman to do something so nice for us. I hope we get to meet you on our next stay. We already have a couple of people interested in staying with you. Will pass along your web address to them.

The pic's should be ready this afternoon. Will try to get my web site up and running soon so you can all see them.

Mark

p.s. Gaz, did you get the package I left for you?

Sounds like a great trip and WTG Gaz great thing to do. I will be diving with you one way or another this year. Gawd its cold here

Cherry

Hey Guys

glad you had a good time

I am the first to admit I am nothing without my loyal familly (my staff) that have worked with me for many years, they truly are the reason for my good name.

Sorry I could not be there, I will return to Belize on the 28th so I am sure whatever you left for me will be waiting.

Again glad you had a great time and I look forward to your next trip or pop in and see me at the Houston Show in June

regards

Gaz

Back
Top Bottom