Belize Trip 5/12 - 5/19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seamason

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
This must have been a busy week for Belize, although the Island was fairly quiet while we were there. Dove with Bottom Time Divers, they have two locations, one at the ferry docks and another at the Banyan Bay resort. Very High marks for them, very well organized and pretty much let me dive my own profile, using up no deco time on almost every dive. Highlight of the trip was going out to Turneffe. I have been to lighthouse, half moon caye,and the blue hole previously and this trip was classic. Perfect weather, the sea was like a lake all the way out. First dive at the elbow was some of the best visibility I have experienced in the carribean. Bottom time put together a tasty lunch and had some Belikins on board for the trip back. Kind of the perfect day.

Somewhat of a downside is the growing popularity of feeding and manhandling the nurseshark population around ambergris by some of the divemasters. putting them into tonic immobility, scratching their belly and posing for pictures seemed a little circus like. I witnessed a couple of "young cowboys" on one of my dives giving it a try themselves. Probably just a matter of time before something happens. Enough of my soapbox. Give Bottom time divers a try and head for Turneffe if you get the chance.

Back
Top Bottom