Belize recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RAD Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking into a trip in the next 6months for the wife & I. She is also a diver. Any info when is the best time & the best places. Some we are looking at are The Lodge at St. Georges,Turneffe Lodge, Kanatik Resort, Blue Tank Inn & Manta Resort. But it is not limited to these so anything will be helpful.
Dive locations would also be helpful, We will be there for a week.
Probably will have some non-divers with us so above surface entertainment would also help.
Thanks
Robert A. Duncan
(aka) RAD Diver

Check out www.ambergriscaye.com There is tons of useful info to help planning a trip to AC. My wife and I were there over thanksgiving and dove with Chuck & Robbie (www.ambergriscayediving.com). Robbie did a great job and took us to some very nice local dive spots. We did the Turneffe elbow trip with Amigos Del Mar....very nice outfit that uses larger size boats than most others. There is tons of non-diving stuff to do...day trips to the main land, fishing, snorkling. San Padro has plenty of very good resturants and night life spots also.

TRY Hugh Parkley`s Belize dive connection...great tours and serveral dive trip options Email @ hugh@belizediving.com Reservations at (888)223-5403 They offer trips to most of the atolls and to the Blue Hole....Great crews and Dive Masters.....they are n Belize City....Good prices and Nitrox available....last time I was there they were just finishing the logging areas and shops...

Thanks for the replys , but it appears that we may end up in Utilla. We had thought about it last year, but finances prevented it, but this year we plan on going late April, early May so a Whale Shark encounter is high on the possibilaty list.

I have just done an exhaustive search of the internet looking for a dive trip in January. We wanted to go somewhere other than Cozumel to give them time to rebuild a little bit. We fly out of Houston and go to Coz all the time.

Basically I found the following about several destinations for a 7 day/5 dive day trip including air out of Houston, TX:

Grand Cayman - insanely expensive $2,000 per person minimum
Bonaire - crazy expensive $1750 per person minimum
Roatan/Utila - expensive $1500 per person average
Belize Ambergris Caye - tolerable $1200 per person minimum

Guess what we're doing. That's right, Belize is the winner.

Dive costs have gone nuts in the last year. It will catch up with them eventually when part timers start giving up on diving and take up other hobbies. My local dive shop is hurting real bad right now and considering closing a couple of stores.

Waaaaa! I need to go get a tissue to wipe my eyes now!!

Eagle-scuba:
TRY Hugh Parkley`s Belize dive connection...great tours and serveral dive trip options Email @ hugh@belizediving.com Reservations at (888)223-5403 They offer trips to most of the atolls and to the Blue Hole....Great crews and Dive Masters.....they are n Belize City....Good prices and Nitrox available....last time I was there they were just finishing the logging areas and shops...
When I dove with them 2 years ago, they had just bought a mangrove island out on the barrier reef, and were renovating cabins that they were going to rent out to divers. The divers were going to be able to kayak and dive the reef, or take charters out to dive sites out of range of the kayaks. Do you know if they went thru with this project? They also had a dive shop on the island that we stopped at to get dive gear.
I'd be interested in staying there if it's up and running. They were a great operation and I'd recommend them. Elvis the DM was awesome.
C-Dawg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom