Belize or Turks and Caicos - opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwine

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am trying to decide between the Belize Aggressor at the end of August or the Turks and Caicos Aggressor in May - wanting to take advantage of the Dive the World special. I have about 100 dives and am AOW. I have done a short liveaboard in Southern Cal - Channel Islands- and loved it. Land based diving in Roatan, Cozumel, Borneo and Fernando de Noronha. I am more interested in which offers better diving than which is a more comfortable boat experience. I love wall diving and haven't done a lot of night dives, so would love that experience. Crazy for Octopus. Any advice on which would be better, particularly given the conditions during those times? Thanks.

Can't speak to either operation or the locations you've listed, but I'll be interested in seeing what kind of feedback you get ....

That said, my sense is that late August / early Sept is the begining of prime hurricane season and that western carib tends to get most of its storms that time of year

I can't compare these options directly, but I can come close. We've done the T&C Explorer a few times and loved it and will return.

We have been to Huracan Diving several times and the Aggressor boat spent most of the week in the same area.

My suggestion is to do both. You can't go wrong really. The two destinations are both really nice, although different.

The advice about the summer is good. We did the Explorer the week after Hurricane Irene blew threw... Not nice. The vis was crap and only improved to "ok" by weeks' end. Many of the reefs had a ton of sand on them.

I shot a lot of macro that week!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom