Belize Lodging question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharkbully

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are planning a trip to Belize,Ambergris Caye. I have a 2BR condo on hold at Cap'n Ron's Paradise Villas.

But, instead of a credit card payment, he sent me an e-mail requesting a check for 1/2 payment as a deposit.

Has anyone here ever stayed at Cap'n Ron's or have any knowledge of this resort?
Any information would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Don't know anything about them. But I do know I generally won't send a check as deposit for something like that. I understand they want to save credit card fees, or take advantage of having the cash sooner, or maybe they don't take credit cards? But not my problem and it gives me no recourse. I don't mind paying with a check when I get there if that's what they want. I've seen some places take a credit card but not charge it, so they could charge you the deposit if you don't show. But then you pay the whole bill when you're done, by check if that's what they really want.

Here's a trip advisor link - good reviews. I wouldn't mail a check to Belize but have sent checks to the US account of Belize outfits in the past. You could consider wiring the money or sending a Money Gram, other options I've used recently to reserve lodging and tours. If you're concerned about not having the protection your credit card provides, consider buying trip insurance - check out insuremytrip.com. Happy trails!

Just to update everyone and thank you for your responses.

I had sent an e-mail to Cap'n Ron's asking about a credit card payment, while I was awaiting your responses.
Well they sent me a credit card authorization form today, so we are taking the plunge.

I wanted you to know that they do seem to be an above board operation.

I will post a report upon our return. Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom