belize info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gina&peter

Registered
Reaction score
Hi - this is my first time here. I wanted to get some info on where to stay in Belize. We are going there end of October for our 38th anniversary. My husband is a diver and wants to dive the blue hole. I have been looking at all of the resorts and just wanted to get some input. Where is the best place to look on this forum ? Thanks

I have heard good things about Turneffe Flats and Turneffe Island Resort. Both offer a very short, approx 1 hour boat ride to Blue Hole where some others are hours away.

Depends on what you want. The best diving is farther out; I'd look at Turneffe Atoll if going land-based. My trip, I did the Sun Dancer 2 live-aboard, which was great, but that's for dive-centric trips. As is the Belize Aggressor III (trip report). The Blue Hole is okay if you accept it for what it is (trip report). People who want more than diving mention Ambergris Caye quite a bit. I've heard of Cay Caulker, but I'm not familiar with it. Just some varied options you might want to research farther.

Richard.

Aren't we already having g this conversation with Gena on another thread?

Belize is why we became scuba certified. I wish we had been certified by that trip. We stayed on AC at Xtan Ha, they have a super beautiful beach you can swim and snorkel directly from. They keep the sea grass raked. Each room has a kitchenette and for the price its perfect. You can do a self tour to Mexico rocks with the free kayaks and snorkel or scuba(scuba is added cost) there (its like a 10-15 min kayak ride out). The water is so beautiful!! Blue hole (BH) was a few hour boat ride away, but since we weren't certified we didn't go,it wasn't worth the cost or time just to snorkel . I will be going back to Belize to dive, but might pass on the BH. I've read a ton of trip reports about the BH and not sure it would be for us with all the other beautiful places closer and cheaper to dive. I hope you find what your looking for.

Back
Top Bottom