Belize Info: Mata Chica or Victoria House?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubahiro

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about these properties? If so, which one is better? What are the pros and cons of each? And, what dive operators would you use with them? I have heard good things about amigos del mar. But, I hear Mata Chica uses belize academy of diving.

Thanks for your thoughts!

scubahiro

Both resorts are considered high end resorts and I dont think either one is better they just offer different ambiances and the location is different.

Mata Chica is located North of San pedro Town and is the favorite of the rich and famous whom come to the island and stay there such as Christina Aguilar Cameron Diaz etc they offer a very French/Italian flair that is very stylish and the ambiance is great it was also the resort where the ladies stayed on the FOX tv reality show Tempation Island.
Mata Chica does not use just one dive operation they use Belize Academy but also use Ocean divers the resort is NOT really focused on divers and that is just another activity they offer.

Victoria House is located 1 Mile and a half out of San pedro on the South side again this is another high end resort that gets constant good reviews again its not a resort that focus's on divers but some in town operators will pick up people staying at Victoria house or you will have to make your way into town each morning if you choose not to use there onsite service.

Choosing between the 2 is a matter of preference and either one is a good choice but be warned both are not cheap they cater to a high end clientele and the prices reflect this

My personal opinion is I would Choose Mata Chica simply for the style and ambiance and flair its a very chique resort and if its good enough for the Stars then its good enough for me :)

Have a Great trip and Dive Safe

Gaz Cooper

Gaz,

Thanks for the helpful info! By the way, do you have an opinion on Belize Dive Academy? I would understand if you want to abstain.

scubahiro

Gaz:
Both resorts are considered high end resorts and I dont think either one is better they just offer different ambiances and the location is different.

Mata Chica is located North of San pedro Town and is the favorite of the rich and famous whom come to the island and stay there such as Christina Aguilar Cameron Diaz etc they offer a very French/Italian flair that is very stylish and the ambiance is great it was also the resort where the ladies stayed on the FOX tv reality show Tempation Island.
Mata Chica does not use just one dive operation they use Belize Academy but also use Ocean divers the resort is NOT really focused on divers and that is just another activity they offer.

Victoria House is located 1 Mile and a half out of San pedro on the South side again this is another high end resort that gets constant good reviews again its not a resort that focus's on divers but some in town operators will pick up people staying at Victoria house or you will have to make your way into town each morning if you choose not to use there onsite service.

Choosing between the 2 is a matter of preference and either one is a good choice but be warned both are not cheap they cater to a high end clientele and the prices reflect this

My personal opinion is I would Choose Mata Chica simply for the style and ambiance and flair its a very chique resort and if its good enough for the Stars then its good enough for me :)

Have a Great trip and Dive Safe

Gaz Cooper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom