Belize in December?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ocpaul

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

I am thinking about squeezing in a week on the Nekton Pilot 12/3 - 12/10 for one of the Belize trips. Wondering about SB users experience in that part of the world in early December. Water temps? Vis? Good time to go in general?

Thanks for your help. :14:

OC

Wow, thanks for the link! We'll be on the Pilot from Dec. 17-24, and can't wait....should be an amazing trip. :D

I hope you'll consider writing a trip story to post on the Belize Forum site when you're finished. There's a scuba thread, but I think about 99% of posters who dive have only stayed on Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker.

Happy trails...

I pulled my log book-last December from the 13th -15th my gauge said 80 - 81 degrees at depth diving to 80 feet off Ambergris Caye on all dives.
I do remember that the air temps were nippy after dives (maybe low 70's).
I think I might bring the drysuit next time, especially if diving several times a day...but I'm a wimp.

Thanks Brad, I'm bought a 5mm full suit for this trip after getting cold in 79 degree water doing repetitive diving. Hopefully the "hot tub" on the Pilot will help keep my core temperature up and I won't be thinking "dry" like you. :wink:

Hopefulist, I'll definitely post a trip report when I return!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom