Belize for Christmas 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
My husband and I (old experienced divers) are going to Belize over the Christmas holidays. We are scheduled on the Belize Aggressor and then for a week inland at Duplooy's Jungle Lodge in the San Ignacio area. Has anyone any advice or information about either? Also, we are seeking any advice about sight seeing in the area around Duplooys. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Around DuPloys you have some nice areas to horse back ride, including the Flour Camp Cave and there is also Chechem Ha Cave which is huge. Xunantunich is a nice and well excavated Mayan ruin nearby and so is Cahal Pech. Cahal Pech is the smaller of the two but it is still worth seeing and has a beautiful natural tranquuility to the ruins. As a day trip, it may be worthwhile to go farther afield to see Tikal in Guatemala (two and a half hour drive one way) and also to the mountain pine ridge of Belize is filled with great things to see, including the Caracol ruins, the Rio Frio Cave, the Rio On pools, Big Rock Falls, and the thousand foot falls. A day trip there can be combined with a nice lunch at Blancaneaux or at the Five Sisters. Going to the fruit and vegetable market on Saturday in San Ignacio is also a must.

Thanks so much. My husband wants to float through the caves! He is like a kid going to camp.

Back
Top Bottom