Belize for a newbie--locations outside of Ambergis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jackiesr

Reaction score
We are off to Belize in December, but haven't booked a location yet--never been in Belize. I am drawn to the Stann Creek area because I can easily do some trips over to jungle, is off the beaten path, and am hoping that vis might be better there.

Can someone verify? I like to do more than dive, and would love to to do some afternoon hikes, trips, etc. after dives. Ambergris Cay sounds too crowded, and too touristy. We aren't bar hoppers, so don't care about that. So that rather elminates the islands like Turneff and others because it would be so difficult to do day trips from there. Looking at Placencia, Hopkins, or Dangriga areas. Probably not an all-inclusive--very expensive that I have seen. We don't want to be pampered til we can't stand it.

What recommendations do people have? And how is best way to get form Belize City from airport there?

Well sounds like Placencia would fit the bill for you check out Splash dive center Splashbelize.com they have lots of hotels different price ranges.

As for getting to Placencia from Belize you can either fly or rent a car and drive down there flight down there is $180.00 per person and you can get 20% discount if you book through one of my sites : BelizeFlightDiscounts.com :

Gaz

If you decide to come to Placencia, you can check out our website at Scuba Diving, Snorkeling & Whale sharks Belize|Splash Dive Center|Placencia Belize. We partner with a number of hotels and resorts so can cater to almost any budget and a lot of our customers, like you, like to spend thier money on diving and adventure rather than on pampering. While our core business is diving and snorkelling we do a complete range of inland tours. We have recently updated our website with the focus on diving and snorkelling as we are preparing a separate website for inland tours. As a temporary measure, you can find our most popular inland tours on our Splash Website - click on dive center on the header and thern click other amenities and services.
You can contact us through our website or contact Patty patricia@splashbelize.com or call her at 00 501 620 6649.
If you fly here but want a car, you can rent one here. You would not need one for diving or inland tours with us as we pick you up at your hotel if you are not within walking distance. Alternatively you could rent a car for a day or two if you want to do some exploring on your own.

Back
Top Bottom