Belize diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jessid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello All,
We are planning a trip to Belize this October/November and will be staying on Caye Caulker and Hugh Parkey. Has anyone ever been or know of places to go? If you have been have you gone with Hugh Parkey?
Thanks for the advice in advance
Jess and Steve:)

Hi Jess

I did not know Hugh Parkey had a connection on Caye Caulker, they have one at Spanish Bay resort near Belize City and one on Ambergris Caye by that time located at the Sunbreeze Hotel but not one in Caye Caulker.

On Caye Caulker you have Frenchies Diving a popular local dive shop and also you have Belize Diving Services operated by an Amercian chap and they focus on Technical diving as well as normal diving.

Both are good operations and you should be happy with either of them

regards

Gaz Cooper

Gaz,

I think they plan on spending part of their trip with us. JessiD there are several posts here on our operation, a few on TripAdvisor posted by real customers and several comments on our Facebook Page. You can also check out our Belize Adventure Lodge website for more info. HPBelizeAdventures site and Blogspot are also linked below.

We are also on Facebook and on the cover of this month's Dive Training Magazine.

Does Belize Dive Connection now operate on Caye Caulker? Where are you based?

Apologies for veering off topic but has anyone ever written a biography of Hugh Parkey?

Thanks. I will be spending the first few days on Caye Caulker then going to Hugh Parkey. Teresa what are the times we could be picked up to go to your island?

Apologies for veering off topic but has anyone ever written a biography of Hugh Parkey?

Hey Downing

Not sure but since Teresa his wife is now a member here, maybe she can advise,all I know is Hugh was a great guy and I always used to enjoy going to see him for lunch when I was in the city on business.

Gaz

Jessica - our normal guest run is at 3:30PM but we have morning departures as well. It is generally 8AM departure from our Radisson Marina facility but at times it can vary if there is a Blue Hole trip or other itinerary that may require an earlier departure. Feel free to email hugh@belizediving.com with arrival date and we are happy to confirm what departures are available for that day.

Ralph (and Gaz) - thank you so much for your kind comments. And you are right, Hugh was a very special person and had a positive influence on more people than he ever knew. I think his story is a remarkable one but a biography is not something his sons or I have talked about.

Back
Top Bottom