Belize Dive trip 1/21-1/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ryssyr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone. I thought I would post a quick report of our dive trip to Belize this month. The main details and photos are on my website linked below, I just put this commentary together to talk about the highlights.

There were two divers and five other friends on this trip, the two of us diving had through wednesday to ourselves so we did some training dives (I did my advanced open water course while down there)

We arrived late on Monday the 21st to Ambergris Caye. We stayed at the Xanadu resort. Accommodations and service were great.

On Tuesday we were picked up at the dock by Ecologic Divers. On Tuesday my friend started his open water referral course (I finally talked one of my friends into diving!) while I started the advanced training.

Tuesday was rainy and cloudy in the morning, but by afternoon it had cleared up to be a nice day. On tuesday I did four dives. Two morning, one after lunch and a night dive.

The morning dives were a little short, but nice, the afternoon dive was spectacular. The night dive at Hol Chan was also pretty amazing.

Wednesday- We did three dives on wednesday, two in the morning and one afternoon dive. The dive in the afternoon was outside the reef and the seas were rolling enough that a couple of folks got sick in the water(one before the dive started). I didnt seem to think it was a big deal, but some obviously did not do well.

Thursday we took a private trip with the 7 of us to do some snorkeling, and one dive at Hol Chan. Ecologic has some great day trips for families and groups. It was good to be able to have all of us on one boat together. We took a 1dive 2snorkel excursion to Caye Caulker.

On Friday we did two morning dives and a night dive. The two morning dives were both outside the reef and we again had two folks that had to call a boat to pick them up due to sea sickness. One of the pair of buddies had not dived in over 10 years and they had a little bit of a rough time...of course they didnt mention that until at the dive site. I was a bit surprised that they did not do a refresher before they arrived on the boat, but thats a topic for another thread.

I tried to keep my eye on them, but they had come up early in the dive.

So in total 11 dives in 4 diving days. Loads of fun.

On Saturday (non-diving to wait for our sunday flight) we did another day excursion with ecologic. They set up a beach BBQ and two snorkel stops up north on Ambergris. It was a very memorable experience. We caught our own lobster, and conch. Learned how to clean them out and grilled them on a beach. Very cool.

In all it was one of my favorite dive trips. I'd like to recommend Ecologic to anyone going to Belize. They are a top notch outfit. Newer boats, professional DM's, smaller groups and lots of fun to be with. I think we helped pay a mortgage payment for them with all of the trips we did :D

Check out the pictures by clicking the link in my sig.

Thanks for reading!

Welcome back, it was cool to meet ya on the boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom