Belize Dive Haven

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmcgilroy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The last thread on this resort is over a year old, so I'd like to ask if anyone has been there since the re-opening. I'm trying to decide on this place vs. Ramon's Village. It looks from last years posts that Dive Haven was still under construction and I'm wondering how far they've come with that (if any). I've got an email into them but no reply yet on the question of Nitrox and dive lockers at or near the boat (that's a big deal for me vs. hauling and storing gear in you room each day.)

Secondly, I always worry about food quality in the "all-inclusive" resorts since you're limited to their menu.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Jim

Scubaboard Surge was going to take about 50 people there and I think it was going to be their big test but that trip got canceled due to covid.

Thanks, I saw that their trip was canceled. In fact, reading those posts made me think about Dive Haven in place of Ramon's Village. It's strange that neither one has replied to my emails...you would think that their "customer service" would be at an elevated state, hoping to draw in customers after what the dive industry has been through.

I'll wait a few more days and then try again. ???

As far as Ramon’s Village, their locker room is the front right cabana as you go on their pier (the 2nd from the left of the boat in the picture, below).

BD881BAE-68E9-462D-AA12-40724BC0C03A.jpeg

Great report...great photos, thank you for that!

Reactions: Dan
Thanks, I saw that their trip was canceled. In fact, reading those posts made me think about Dive Haven in place of Ramon's Village. It's strange that neither one has replied to my emails...you would think that their "customer service" would be at an elevated state, hoping to draw in customers after what the dive industry has been through.

I'll wait a few more days and then try again. ???

When did you write to Ramon's? There have been some power outages on the island.

Be that as it may, if you only wrote to Ramon's yesterday, indeed, give them a chance to answer.

I like staying in Ramon’s Village. I can just walk down the beach to get to other restaurants there, when I want to get something different than their food.

I was there 2 months ago. Here is my trip report:
Trip Report - Belize Feb 2021 Trip Report

Dan, thanks again for that info. I decided on Ramon's in mid-June. Looking forward to the trip.

Jim

Reactions: Dan
Dan, thanks again for that info. I decided on Ramon's in mid-June. Looking forward to the trip.

Jim

Good time to be there. That’s when it’ll be less windy.

Good choice. Emails to/from Belize can sometimes be intermittent but Ramons has been around for a long time, even survived a major fire a few years ago, but Dive Haven, not so much. I'm sure you'll have a good time at Ramons but less sure about Dive Haven and there's even the potential for disaster, imho.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom