Belize and Cozumel Drift/Reef Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kiwibird

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
[video=youtube;S52pcrkTn1s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S52pcrkTn1s[/video]

Some footage from my April, 2013 Cozmel and Belize drift/reef dive. Had mask issues and strong currents. wanted to get more footage but was on a group dive :depressed:

Such an amazing place, hope you all enjoy!

Looks great!

Can you give some more details like camera model, filters, post prod software, color correction, etc.

Thanks, I had issues as my mask leaked badly and couldn't see what I was filming at times...not fun. I found that I got my best footage using my go pro 2, not the 3, in basic auto settings, 720p 60 FPS. Tried the 7.2 30 and looked horrible. I wish I had of had lighting for the deeper dives, 95 ft as it makes the colors pop. Just edited in iMovie for everything, color correction as well. Did use a red filter, wouldn't go without it but should have taken off in the deeper waters.
Do you film and if so shoot a link.

Think my Hawaii video turned out better, water clarity was a lot better at times and went shallow. Can find on youtube. All just learning and this was my 2nd attempt, hard to film with a group dive as everyone was to "power out", go fast etc. definitely not conducive for filming.

Thanks, yes did slow some of the footage as the current was so strong. Hard to hold the go pro, not bump the reef and to get close enough and keep up with the group. Rather be able to take my time, next time.:)

Liked you pics, like the clown peeking out!

Thanks, yes did slow some of the footage as the current was so strong. Hard to hold the go pro, not bump the reef and to get close enough and keep up with the group. Rather be able to take my time, next time.:)

Liked you pics, like the clown peeking out!

Thanks for the vid! Had the same issues in Cozumel with strong current. Very difficult to slow down and hold the camera steady for a shot. Heading to the Turks and Caicos in a week where, if I remember correctly, the currents were not very strong at all.

Well, might be because I used the pop on/off filter for the 3 and not sure if that was the problem or not. Felt in some cases it let light in but really to be accurate I need more time and footage.

---------- Post added May 27th, 2013 at 11:24 AM ----------

Lucky you! Sure you will have a fantastic trip!
Wasn't only the currents but a group dive where you are at the mercy of the group as far as how fast or slow you can go. Everyone was swimming/drifting a lot faster than I wanted, but they weren't filming. Ideally I like to just sit and let subjects come to me or I go slowly and try not to chase with camera as the quick motion on playback is not pleasant for all.
Have a lovely trip and take LOTS of footage!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom