Belize Aggressor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
C

Corvinus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I’m doing the Belize Aggressor mid-January. Should I wear a 3 mil wetsuit with hooded vest or a 5 mil. I plan to dive 3-4 time per day.

I've dove 3 dives a day in March in my clapped out old 3mm suit and been warm. I guess water is cooler in January. I had checked Belize water temps for December, and the water temperatures looked like I would be fine in my 3mm + hooded vest if needed. Alas that trip got airlined, so I can't report how that worked out.

I did the Belize Aggressor 3 in February of 2021 and the water temps ranged from 79-83 for the entire week. I was in a 3mm for the whole trip but only because it was all I brought. My wife and her dive buddy varied from shorts and rash guards, to Lavacore pants and shirts, to 3mm wetsuits. The only time either of them wore their 3mm though was during the Blue Hole dive.

I did the BAIV in Dec 2021 and BAIII in Feb 2022. The coolest water temp ever got was 79. Even if you are the type to get chilled, I don't think you'll need a 5mm at all. Many men just dove in shorts. I dove in just a rash guard during the day. Night dive I put on my 1mm, just because I brought it. Never felt a need for a 3mm. Being winter in the states, it's hard to imagine you'll be basking in the sun and diving in such warm water in just a few weeks. Check out the BAIII captains Adventure Logs on the Aggress website. He logs the air and water temps of the trips.

Can't answer your question about wet suits..... seems to me that so much depends on your own personal cold tolerance and nobody that doesn't know you would be able to answer. Should be able to look up the average temperatures there that time of the year and compare it to your personal experience.

The only live-aboard I ever did I dove 8 dives on day one + 6 dives on day 2 + 2 dives on day three, but that was only a fraction day on the way back to port so the pool was only open twice. I remember saying that I dove every single time the pool was open except once. I would not do that much diving today...at my age.... but I've gotta think I'd do more than 3-4 unless there's serious depth envolved.

Back
Top Bottom