Belize Aggressor III vs IV?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

d^2b

Worse diving through photography
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is there a best month in the fall (September through November) to dive Belize? I'm looking at (hopefully) rescheduling a Belize Aggressor trip currently booked for April 2021.

Looks like it's November. Any feedback on Belize Aggressor III vs IV? I vaguely remember some chatter about the newer boat bouncing around a bit more, but I can't remember a source at this point.

I would like to go to Belize also, will be able to fit it in someday. Personal choice, I will go with the Aggressor IV with twins instead of bunk beds. I do my liveaboards solo.

I would like to go to Belize also, will be able to fit it in someday. Personal choice, I will go with the Aggressor IV with twins instead of bunk beds. I do my liveaboards solo.

This right here.

I’ve been on IV 3 times and toured III. Much prefer layout of everything inside on IV. I think the sundeck and dive deck may have been nicer on III.

They said III was a bit faster but not enough to matter. I don’t know about the bounce part, but it’s a significant enough crossing that I imagine either will be a bit exciting if the weather happens to be snarky. I remember a night crossing with one leg propped against the wall and generally hanging on to the bed so as not to fall out.

My husband and I have been on Belize IV (formerly SunDancer) but not Belize III. We loved IV. Having a king size bed was wonderful. I have heard Belize III has bigger dive deck. Captain Eddie was on Belize IV and we loved him, but he's now on Roatan Aggressor. I believe Dennis is now the Capt. on Belize IV. Had him on Bahamas Aggressor and liked him. Maybe not quite as personable as Eddie but he was good. Liked the crew on IV. I see that one of the dive masters is on Belize III now.

Either way, I love this liveaboard and would do either but probably lean towards IV :)

Back
Top Bottom