Belize Aggressor III slide show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks,
Enjoyed it :)
Rick

Any way to post them without the propriatary software download required? Id love to see them, but being a mac user, I cant run the file... Try posting them in a msn live space or ???? We are going in 3 weeks, so would love to see!

I would have loved to have seen the pictures. I did the Belize Aggressor last May and had a great time.

Can you save them as a jpeg? You said slides... So they came from slide film? You are you referrring to the digital "slideshow"... Maybe we can help you get them online... We want to see them! haha. How about a trip report? Any favorite spots? We are going on the Nekton Pilot in about 3 weeks.

Well I did something to my website that caused a complete meltdown so I have been making that worse rather than doing a trip report. Here is a gallery you can view with a few shots.

http://www.aquabluedreams.com/belizegallery.htm

Aggressor, Peter Hughes and Nekton pretty much shadow each other around the sites. As many have said I think the Blue Hole is interesting but over-rated but people who did not do it said the alternative dive at that site is ho-hum. In general Belize offers the same diving and subjects you find in the rest of the Carib. It had been awhile since we dove there and I had forgotton about the amazing variety of sponges. I am really bad with dive site names. Aquarium was a site that stood out in my mind, very nice wall with some huge sponge formations, lots of fish life, 2 large nurse sharks and we missed them but 3 eagle rays that played around the ladders of the boat. Also there was a spot with “Cave” in the name. I was able to sit in there and shoot jacks and a grouper taking runs at the silversides. I believe most tour ops save the better sites for the last few days so you end on a high note.

But in general the flora and fauna compare with anything we have seen in the Caymens, Turks, or Coz. One thing we did see a lot of were yellow headed jaw fish and sailfin blennies. By the sound there are toad fish everywhere but we only saw two. Every dive you hear this throaty brummmp, brummmp, brummmp but I could never find one on my own. Weather was ok 50% the time it was nice and 50% you were inside. If you run cold at all I would bring some fleece, plus they keep the common areas really cool (at least on the Aggressor).

It is a good location and one well worth including on your “list”.

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing them.

Regarding your website, the directory list is being displayed instead of the actual main page because Apache is looking for the default file index.htm and it doesn't exist. Rename indexnew.htm to index.htm and your site will be back up. If you need any help, feel free to send me a message.

Regards, Eric

Thanks scubaeric. I used a out of the box program called Namo. In the end I had a young man come in and help me get it loaded to the host service. Unfortunetly (for me) he landed a job with Microsoft in Japan.

Namo shows the file as indexnew.htm in my folder and thats what I dump into the hosting site but no joy. The problem is I don't even know what questions to ask.

Back
Top Bottom