Beginner photos from Kauai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

artist

Registered
Reaction score
I am a new diver with a new Canon S400 camera. I am happy to say that I got some decent pictures on my recent trip. These are my first underwater photos ever.

These pictures were taken between 60 and 90 feet with no special settings. Mostly just point and shoot, sometimes in normal and sometimes macro mode. Learned very quickly that I had to always have a flash which I couldn't figure out how to do without putting it in manual mode.

Since I am such a new diver I couldn't focus any more on camera settings since I was focasing on new diver issues. My buddy had to keep reminding me to check my guages and look at the big picture in front of me.

I hope you can enjoy some of my pictues. They aren't magazine quality but they remind me of the fun I had.
http://www.burnsfamily.net/pictorial/2003/fishies/fishies.html

-julie

Aloha Julie,
Sounds like you had a good time on Kauai. As a new diver you did real well juggling your diving and taking photos.
:shades:

Julie....you're pictures are very nice. As you get more comfortable with your diving, more control of your bouyancy, you pictures will improve, too.

What great memories to keep!

Back
Top Bottom