Becoming a DUI Dealer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SentinelAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am trying to become a DUI dealer. We do have two locations. I have not hard back from them yet. Does anyone know how long this process takes?

You should contact DUI directly. This SB isn't the place for this type of inquiry. Have you tried calling them?

I just figured I'd see what others have run into. Yes I have called. Feel like I'm getting the run around :(

When I became a dealer at a facility I owned at the time, we were required to purchase if I remember right, a minimum of 6 dry suits to be used for rentals, so to become a dealer can be costly. This was something like 30 years ago . Requirements may have changed since then.

When I became a dealer at a facility I owned at the time, we were required to purchase if I remember right, a minimum of 6 dry suits to be used for rentals, so to become a dealer can be costly. This was something like 30 years ago . Requirements may have changed since then.

We are required to buy gear. I have no idea how anyone could rent a DUI. Too many sizes. We would rent our Cressi ones then up sale to DUI. This is our last line we need. :)

I am trying to become a DUI dealer. We do have two locations. I have not hard back from them yet. Does anyone know how long this process takes?
Who are you speaking with? What town are you in?

Who are you speaking with? What town are you in?

I am in Ohio. What I'm finding out, is these dealers call other dealers who then tell them not to sell to me because they don't want to lose business. I am 2 hours of drive time or more to any dive shop and the PD I am working with only wants to deal with us. I believe his name is Jay and I'm in Ohio

I am in Ohio. What I'm finding out, is these dealers call other dealers who then tell them not to sell to me because they don't want to lose business. I am 2 hours of drive time or more to any dive shop and the PD I am working with only wants to deal with us. I believe his name is Jay and I'm in Ohio
Ohio is a state.
Jay is the correct rep for the midwest. Your location will have a lot to do with getting opened.

Ohio is a state.
Jay is the correct rep for the midwest. Your location will have a lot to do with getting opened.

I have no dive shop within 2 hours so I would think it would be fine

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom