Beaufort Dive Report 5/27-28

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rlskill1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
After the recent monsoon and constant SW winds blowing all week, most all charter boats went out Saturday and Sunday. Visibility was very reduced across most all wrecks on Saturday but a few of the far offshore wrecks saw improving visibility on Sunday. Water temps are in the mid 70's. Seas were 2'-3'-4'-5' depending on where you were.

Atlantis was reporting 100' on the Papoose on Saturday. Hard to believe boats made it out. I got the crap kicked out of me running my boat to the Cape on Sunday

Yes, wind and current really picked up Sunday afternoon. So much for the weather forecast!

Thanks for the report! I dove last week on the 21st/22nd. Vis was 15' on the Aeolus. Hopefully the blue water is moving in for the season!

@rlskill1 You ain't kidding, there was supposed to be zero wind on Sunday. I've only got a 19' May Craft and I was coming from Bogue Sound, cutting in front of the inlet was a little dicey to say the least (weather, plus crowded). I didn't want anything to do with it on the way back so I cut down Taylor's Creek....lol. Which boat do you work on?

But yeah like Ryan said, hopefully the blue water is pushing in. My brother heard on the radio the other day that Olympus said it was 15' viz until they hit 20' and then viz pushed to like 70'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom