Beachhopper II - July 3-4 2013 - looking for a buddy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divin'Papaw

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just booked two days on the Beachhopper II. It's their $60 Weekday Dive Day Special. I'm booked for Wed and Thu, July 3-4.

I'd like to line up a buddy or two if possible as opposed to finding an instabuddy on the boat. I'd prefer someone with a good bit of local experience. I have 375 logged dives myself and tons of cold water/drysuit experience. I have limited kelp diving experience however ... 8 dives total in kelp ... 2 in Monterey in 2005 and 6 off Anacapa in 2007 on the Peace.

Anyone interested in joining me?

Hello Jim,

I'm glad to hear you're visiting Monterey again.

You should try to contact Kim Glenn, who makes his appearance from time to time on Scubaboard with a user name approaching his real name. Kim goes out on the Hopper frequently. I took him out to N. Monastery yesterday with HP100's/EAN32 and held him down at 110' until he said "Uncle", then took him over to Butterfly House and swam him through the thickest kelp I could find, then kept him down over an hour. So I KNOW he knows how to dive! The two of you would make a good pair.

Bruce

Hello Jim,

I'm glad to hear you're visiting Monterey again.

You should try to contact Kim Glenn, who makes his appearance from time to time on Scubaboard with a user name approaching his real name. Kim goes out on the Hopper frequently. I took him out to N. Monastery yesterday with HP100's/EAN32 and held him down at 110' until he said "Uncle", then took him over to Butterfly House and swam him through the thickest kelp I could find, then kept him down over an hour. So I KNOW he knows how to dive! The two of you would make a good pair.

Bruce

Hello Bruce! My wife and I are vacationing in Carmel for the week. We're really looking forward to spending some quality time in the area.

I've heard good things about the Beachhopper so figured I'd get in some boat dives this time around since it's much closer to what I'm used to vs. shore diving in surf and surge. As you know, we don't have much of that in the Midwest :wink:

Jim

Bruce, thanks for the kind words. I sure slept well after those two dives!

Jim, I haven't made plans so far in advance but as Bruce observes, I do enjoy weekday dives and frequently go on the Beach Hopper II. Besides the convenience of the boat and its resources, I enjoy the opportunity to meet other divers, being somewhat new to the area myself. If I end up on the boat with you I'd be pleased to buddy with you. Feel free to send me a PM with any particular concerns you might have.

-Kim

Back
Top Bottom