BCDs and implants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BioLogic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi folks,

I've just traded in my defective, cancerous breasts for a pair of implants. Currently I have saline expanders in place, but I expect to have them replaced with silicone in a few months. I know that won't stop me from diving (I asked the surgeon before taking this route), but there is another issue.

I have been diving a Scubapro Classic vest-style BCD that has considerable front inflate. The front inflation is no longer workable for me. I'm looking for something with as little in the front as I can find. In fact, I'm considering going backplate and wing.

Do any of you have experience that might illuminate my situation? BCDs that work well if you don't want the girls mashed? I'm about 5'4", 120 lbs, and fairly average as far as torso length and such.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Jeanne

Back Plate and Wing. Everything is in the back with the exception of the webbing to fix you to it. Plus this makes for a more expandable and flexible BC for the future.

By the way....sorry for the post in this forum but I did not realize it was the woman's forum until after the fact. My post stands though :D. I think the BP/W is a great avenue to look at.

Hi folks,

I've just traded in my defective, cancerous breasts for a pair of implants. Currently I have saline expanders in place, but I expect to have them replaced with silicone in a few months. I know that won't stop me from diving (I asked the surgeon before taking this route), but there is another issue.

I have been diving a Scubapro Classic vest-style BCD that has considerable front inflate. The front inflation is no longer workable for me. I'm looking for something with as little in the front as I can find. In fact, I'm considering going backplate and wing.

Do any of you have experience that might illuminate my situation? BCDs that work well if you don't want the girls mashed? I'm about 5'4", 120 lbs, and fairly average as far as torso length and such.

Thanks for your thoughts,

Jeanne
I am also 5'4" and about 135lbs and wear a back plate and wing. my girls are generous in size:D and the vest style defnitely squeezes them and makes for a much more uncomfotable fit. Bp and wing is the way to go! good luck and hope you are feeling well!!

I've got nothing against Y chromosomes....it's just a topic that makes some guys wish to be elsewhere, so I put it here. Thanks for your thoughts!

I lost an aunt to breast cancer so to see you on here looking to continue to dive after causes me to give you the thumbs up. Good luck with whatever you decide to get.

Y chromosome out :D

I lost an aunt to breast cancer so to see you on here looking to continue to dive after causes me to give you the thumbs up. Good luck with whatever you decide to get.

Y chromosome out :D
agreed!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom