BCD- mine "lost" at Mansfield Dam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

navychop

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Last Wed, Aug 25th during late afternoon evening dive. Large group of people there.
Seaquest BCD- Gray/Blue color, cumberbund with a "not really" waist strap, older BCD.

Anybody find it?

Was it lost in the water at Mansfield Dam? The dive area or up at the camping area near the dam?

I don't know what I was thinking when I asked about Aquarena....Have you posted something to the Scubaland Dive Club on Facebook? They also have a yahoo user group email you can send out a message to the group.

If someone took your BCD on purpose which is of course what you're implying, they aren't going to return it just because you asked about it on an obscure internet discussion board and they happened to read it.

I don't know what I was thinking when I asked about Aquarena....Have you posted something to the Scubaland Dive Club on Facebook? They also have a yahoo user group email you can send out a message to the group.

I was wondering that as well.

Bummer to lose gear in that matter. I just checked Craig's List Austin and it hasn't shown up there. If a diver found the BC, very bad karma.

If someone took your BCD on purpose which is of course what you're implying, they aren't going to return it just because you asked about it on an obscure internet discussion board and they happened to read it.

Yes, it may not help in finding his BCD, but it sends out the warning that we all need to be a little careful when it comes to our dive gear.

Mansfield is not Windy Point when it comes to gear security. There's quite a few folks coming through Mansfield that aren't divers. It's much easier for someone to drive through the area, do their "shopping", and drive out than it would be for someone to walk into Windy Point, grab some gear and walk out with it with the number of divers hanging around. Call me cynical, but working for a PD has taken its toll on my trust in fellow man.

Back
Top Bottom