BCD Knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

whodunit68

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have the Akona BCD Knife for my Sherwood Avid. I bought it and got the knife mounted (after some challenges). As I was climbing the ladder after a boat trip, the knife went tumbling (yes of course I checked it before the dive). So, I bought another knife. I am now very aware of the tumbling and extra cost so I check it carefully (unfortunatelly just like my Sherwood regulator that fell apart), and don't ya know the next trip it happens again. Yes, as I'm climbing the ladder. This time the divemaster was able to get the knife (we were only in 20 fsw w/ great viz) so I have it but now I'll never put it back. So, the question is - has anyone had this experience with this Akona BCD knife? Has anyone had luck with it (contrary to me)?
Akona - is this a known problem and is there a solution?

Have you checked out the Sheath? It may be the sheath and not the knife.

of course and there's nothing obvious that I can see. thanks for the thought though.

I have never had a problem with mine. I know one other person who dives with it and he has never had a problem with it either. We have about 30 combined dives. Not to say that it its a problem. We just haven't experienced it.

I've lost two of them myself... won't buy another one.

drbill:
Please send us a private message with your address. We would like to send you a replacement knife.
Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom