BCD for Petite Female?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does Halcyon make their backplates in sizes? I couldn't tell from the site.

Does Halcyon make their backplates in sizes? I couldn't tell from the site.

That was my impression from Ed Hayes this weekend. He was looking for a "small" backplate for the one woman at the demo day.

Henrik

Seaquest Diva! YOu have to try one on to see what I mean. I am small, as is my daughter, none of the other BCs fit me. :D I also have a Seaquest Libra (back-inflate) and it doesn't fit as well but works great with my heavier wetsuits for cold-water diving.

Hey all - thanks for the flurry of responses! I tend to be a warm water diver, and also use as little weight as possible (usually 6 lbs. when wearing my 3 mil shortie). My tanks therefore tend to be whatever is available at the destination.

I was leaning toward the jacket-style, as it seems a little lighter for travel, and also because it's what I'm used to from the rental gear I've learned with, but I will certainly look into the backplate/wing style after reading your advice.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom