BC vest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bob Evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Help...I plan on getting wet and sold my old BC. I only want to buy USA made BC any suggestions ? Like small package, dove for many years without all the gear they now sell you. Appreciate any comments. Started diving in 1966.

Reactions: BRT
@Bob Evans :

If you want to come close in minimalism of years gone by, look at some minimalist back-plate & wing combo. Something like a OxyCheq "dogbone" and an 18# wing, or, the VDH Vintage plate & small wing. Even something like an OxyCheq soft plate and a minimal wing. All use simple webbing.

All these get you AMERICAN MADE!

The fin thing was mean, or funny :)
I ask a simple professional question and I get the " PINK " thing. I know Zealgle all to well. They were our sales Force for many years before going off with their own fin line. I choose not to go that direction..but thank you. Best, Bob Maybe make my own USA made BC, I sure would keep it simple.

@Bob Evans :

If you want to come close in minimalism of years gone by, look at some minimalist back-plate & wing combo. Something like a OxyCheq "dogbone" and an 18# wing, or, the VDH Vintage plate & small wing. Even something like an OxyCheq soft plate and a minimal wing. All use simple webbing.

All these get you AMERICAN MADE!
Thank you.

You recommend fins to the guy who IS ForceFin?????????????

I know exactly who he is, he is a lovely man with lots of sense of humor. We go way back to early 90's when I owned my dive center in NY (Bob most likely doesn't remember me :) )

I choose not to go that direction

Not go for a Zeagle BC or not do what they did?

Maybe make my own USA made BC, I sure would keep it simple.
Are you genuinely trying to find a BC to buy or are you doing marketing research because you maybe planning to develop your own BC line some other undeclared motive for your seemingly "innocent" question?

@Bob Evans I hate asking this question because I'm sure you and many other people are going to take this the way it is truly not intended, but why "made in the US only"?

Is this because of the "buy America only America products thing", or is there some sort of "I can't find a US manufacturer and am looking for help" type of motive behind it?

The reason for my inquiry is because I get this sort of question all the time about Canadian made products from my clients, and I have to tell them that most products (though made in Canada) likely have parts brought in from various other countries, so in some cases you are actually hurting yourself.

Again not trying to cause a problem or anything, just a comparative question to what I deal with all the time here?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom