BC for Petite Asian Woman?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JR_Strele

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I hear a lot of talk about the new Zeale Zena for petite women. Is the is the new standard, which I should get for my wife?... Anything bad to say about it? thanks. JR

Zeagles are nice because they use a modular system. This means that you can mix and match different sized components of the BC to get a perfect fit. They can also make a custom size if needed. The other main feature of a Zena that makes it different is that it uses a zip-up vest, as opposed to a cummerbund, to secure the front of the BC. My wife likes her Zena. But, the truth of the matter is, you really need to have your wife try one on. For that matter, she should try on several different makes and models. Within the 2 most common types of BC's, jacket and back-inflate, there are just to many options designed for woman and there is no standard. It's whatever she feels comfortable in. If all you're looking for is a sure-fire fit from an off-the-shelf BC, then the only recommendation I could give would be a BP/W. But I can't guarantee her comfort in it.

I do have a question that might be helpful in answering your question. What differentiates a petite Asian woman from any other petite woman? Since you added that qualifier I assume that there's some feature that is unique that we should be focused on.

Last edited:
This is one place where I highly recommend a backplate and wing system. The one-piece harness makes it infinitely adjustable, and you can buy a smaller backplate, too. One of the reasons I ended up in a BP/W was because I am small (and smaller framed, which is what I think the OP was getting at by mentioning that his wife is Asian) and it was very difficult to find a BC that would really cinch down around me and hold the tank stable on my back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom