BC back order

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jnsey

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a BC on back order from a popular online dealer, its a Brigade size med length/ large waist, that will tell you who the dealer is. I was just curios on what the ETA is for getting those shipped out.

I've ordered the brigade in the past, and it took them a week to get it in, and another to get it to me. Didn't charge for shipping. As a side note, order the weight pockets. Using weights in the BCD without the removable pockets means the weights WILL fall out. Don't know why it doesn't come with, but it is a nice BCD.

My husband dives a Ranger and has never had weights fall out. Unless you're using bullet weights or 1# weights, you don't "need" the yellow pockets.....they ARE nice to have though. :wink:

Weight pocket thingies ordered as are the rear trim pockets. BTW Friday will be 3 weeks but don't take this as a complaint cause this online retailer has been awesome to deal with and I can't recommend them enough, I just wish Zeagle would hurry up:wink:

Awesome, thanks Scott

I had a three lbs soft weight fall out. Didn't figure it out till I was trying to compensate for a sudden increase in buoyancy, looked down at the bottom and thought,"someone lost a #3 soft weight!" when I saw my initials, I felt a little foolish. Did solve the buoyancy issue. Got the weight pockets after that.

A 3lb weight? In all my years, I have never heard of someone losing a 3 lb weight unless the ripcord was partially pulled, or had been re-threaded incorrectly?

Was it a hard lead weight or a soft weight?

Are you certain that you zipped the pocket closed?

Scott

Scott,

After that dive I took a look at the weight pockets, and it appeared that the threading had loosened, allowing enough of a gap for the soft weight to come out. It was the third dive with that bcd, I had not messed with the ripcord system. Pocket was zipped shut. It wasn't a big deal, and I bought the weight pockets to further minimize any chance of soft weights falling out, and tightened the threading. The gap wasn't that big, and the fabric of the soft weight was quite soft, so it could conform to a small opening. Compared that to some new soft weights I had just bought, which used a much stiffer fabric, which probably would not have fallen out.

I received my brigade today and it is one of the if not THE best BC i have ever seen. I can not wait to get it in the water. Awesome job Zeagle and thanks again Scott!!!!

Back
Top Bottom